At Eastmont Preschool we offer a play-based, child centred-curriculum that is guided by the Victorian Early Years Learning and Development Framework and the Early Years Learning Framework. We aim to create a warm, caring, inclusive environment where children of all abilities feel relaxed, supported and happy and are able to explore, discover, imagine, create and reach their full potential. Children are active participants, contributors and decision makers in their own learning and families and educators work together in partnership to support children’s learning.
- We promote respect and care for other children, adults and all living creatures as well as an appreciation of nature and respect for the environment.
- We respect individual differences and foster an environment in which each child and educator is supported and valued for the unique strengths and interests that they bring to the group.
- We provide opportunities that encourage and develop self-esteem, a positive self-image, communication and independence skills.
- We recognise that families are a child’s first and most important educators and seek to work in collaborative partnerships with them to ensure the best outcome for all children. We welcome and encourage family involvement in all aspects of our service.
- We value cultural diversity and acknowledge that Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are the traditional owners of the land and the original inhabitants of Australia.
- We recognise that Eastmont Preschool is part of our local community and value opportunities to contribute to that community.
- We continually strive to improve the quality of our service.