At Eastmont Pre-School we offer a play-based, child centred-curriculum that is guided by the Victorian Early Years Learning and Development Framework and the Early Years Learning Framework. We aim to create a warm, caring, inclusive environment where children of all abilities feel relaxed, supported and happy and are able to explore, discover, imagine, create and reach their full potential. Children are active participants, contributors and decision makers in their own learning and families and educators work together in partnership to support children’s learning.
- We promote, respect and care for other children, adults and all living creatures as well as an appreciation of nature and respect for the environment.
- We respect individual differences and foster an environment in which each child and educator is supported and valued for the unique strengths and interests that they bring to the group.
- We provide opportunities that encourage and develop self-esteem, a positive self-image, communication and independence skills.
- We recognise that families are a child’s first and most important educators and seek to work in collaborative partnerships with them to ensure the best outcome for all children. We welcome and encourage family involvement in all aspects of our service.
- We value cultural diversity in our Eastmont community.
- We acknowledge the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we are located. We would also like to pay our respects to Elders past, present and future
- We recognise that Eastmont Pre-School is part of our local community and value opportunities to contribute to that community.
- We continually strive to improve the quality of our service.
Last reviewed and updated in September 2020