A full copy of Eastmont policies and procedures can be found here and also in the foyer.
Here are some friendly reminders for Eastmont parents:
What your child needs to bring to kinder
- A bag that he/she can easily manage (large enough to hold your child’s belongings and work from kinder)
- A broad-brimmed or legionnaires hat every day in Term 1 and Term 4. Sunscreen must be applied before each session by parents (available in the foyer). Children’s shoulders and backs should be covered eg no dresses with narrow straps or singlets. No thongs.
- A warm coat or rain jacket during cold / rainy weather. No gumboots.
- A labelled lunch box and drink bottle (water only).
- A complete change of clothes including underwear and socks (all labelled).
- Always sign your child in and out.
- Be prompt at pick up time.
- Call staff if your child is going to be absent or complete an absentee e-form through the Skoolbag app. Please keep unwell children home if they are unwell and notify us if your child contracts an infectious disease or condition (such as head lice). Refer to the Department of Health minimum period exclusion policy, copy here, and note the recent changes regarding Gastroenteritis – 48 hours after vomiting/diarrhoea has stopped.
- Always say goodbye to your child when leaving.
- Check your child’s pocket on the wall in the foyer at each session for notices.
- Check the Lost Property box located in the foyer for any mislaid items.
- Take artwork home after each session.
- Observe the curriculum report and notice boards next to the sign in book. This is changed fortnightly.
- Make an appointment if you would like to speak with teachers in depth.
- Obey the parking signs in Frank Street.
- Let the children of others out the Kinder gate.
- Bring sick children to Kinder.
- Bring milk, eggs or any food which contains nuts or traces of nuts.
- Toys from home.